Friday, August 28, 2015

August

FW: Sabbath Day

To: mtpercival@msn.com

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:03:12 -0300
Subject: Re: Sabbath Day
From: william.percival@myldsmail.net
To: mtpercival3@msn.com
I have not seen the movie17 Miracles but I have heard it is good. You should watch Ephraim's Rescue which I have watched two times on the misison. I have heard it is very similar to 17 Miracles but most people like Ephraim's Rescue better. That is a long drive for Mom to do alone. Sorry I am not there to help her. Yeah you could say that I am jealous about the food. But I am more jealous of the fact you have a car. I just rode a bus for 1.5 hours when it should have taken 45 minutes. My companion and I always end up taking the wrong buses. 
3 people baptized this year in your ward? That does seem like little. Do the people in our ward who get baptized stay firm? This part of the world baptized lots of people but few stay. This is a large problem. Lots of it has to do with a culture who lives without commitments. And little education. A member asked my companion the other day if the country of Peru had Internet. And then tried to convince me that the country of Cuba did not have cell phones. I am greatful for the education I have had and will continue to have.
This transfer will be tough to find a baptism but I believe we will. We teach lots of people during the week but we do not ever seem to find them in their houses again. It is a big problem with missionary work. Finding a time that people will sit down with you and listen. We had 2 people at church this week. A guy we taught just one time and a women who is very very very poor and will be difficult to help her. But we will do what we can. I will send Mom some other things about the week. The dollar is VERY high, ridiculously high. I am sorry I did not take out money today. It is horrible for the economy here but if you have dollars like me it is great. 1 dollar is 3,44 reals. In 2013, 1 dollar was 2 reals. I bought some shirts today to bring home for you guys and some other cool things. Took lots of pictures as well but forgot my device to upload them. Lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment